About TWAIN Financial Partners
Twain Financial Partners is an investment management firm located in St. Louis, MO with over $4 billion in assets under management within the public-private partnership sector. The firm works with a wide variety of investment types, specializing in tax credit, structured debt, and real estate transactions. Twain works closely with financial institutions, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals to structure and manage investments that offer both attractive economic return and social benefits.
The Investment Associate is responsible for underwriting structured real estate investments. These investments include, but are not limited to, Historic Tax Credit, Property Assessed Clean Energy, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit projects. This role requires the ability to understand real estate finance and operations. This full-time position is located in St. Louis, Missouri and requires limited travel. This role supports all efforts of the Twain Investment Team, reporting to the Director of Underwriting.
- Analyze investment opportunities
- Work with deal team to collect and review required diligence to assist with underwriting of proposed investment
- Creatively consider both potential risks and opportunities related to real estate operations and program compliance
- Prepare excel models to consider operations of proposed investment
- Critically review external financial models
- Perform market studies
- Prepare investment memoranda and present at investment committee
- Degree in business is preferred
- Prior experience underwriting commercial real estate transactions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel skills
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Expert ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data
- Ability to multi-task and be driven by a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently but also in a team environment
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to EmploymentOpportunities@TwainFinancial.com with “Investment Associate” in the subject.