Manager of Client Services – Tax
About TWAIN Financial Partners
Twain Financial Partners is an investment firm located in St. Louis, MO, with over $4 billion in assets under management within the public-private partnership sector. Our firm works with a wide variety of investment types, specializing in tax credit, structured debt, and real estate transactions. Twain works closely with financial institutions, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals to structure and manage investments that offer both attractive economic return and social benefits.
The Manager of Client Services – Tax at Twain Financial Partners (“Twain”) is responsible for the management of a group of Tax Client Services Accountants. This team facilitates tax return preparation with external accounting firms, reviews the returns, and delivers the returns for projects and funds for deals generating Federal and State New Markets Tax Credits, Federal and State Historic Tax Credits, and State Low-Income Housing Tax Credits. This person will be the main point of contact for customer relationships related to tax as well as vendor relationships with external accounting firms. This full-time position is located in St. Louis, Missouri and requires little or no travel.
- Accounting or finance degree
- Public accounting tax experience
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task and be driven by a fast-paced environment
- Adept at working independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory/Management Experience
- Tax credit investment industry experience or CPA
- Expert ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret financial data
- Knowledge of property management, construction finance, legal documentation and requirements
- Knowledge of New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credit and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credit compliance
- Train, motivate, and provide daily leadership to assigned staff
- Provide recommendations for improvement of existing tax processes and lead execution of those improvements
- Participate in the identification and reporting of key issues to Investor Member
- Research, review and resolve tax issues in conjunction with external accounting firms to maintain program compliance and reduce risk
- Review operating agreements, financial statements, and other legal documents related to managed investments
- Act as a point of contact for customers and partners
- Participate and/or lead department and company projects
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to EmploymentOpportunities@TwainFinancial.com with “Manager of Client Services – Tax” in the subject.