Staff Accountant I
About TWAIN Financial Partners
Twain Financial Partners is an investment management firm located in St. Louis, MO with over $4 billion in assets under management within the public-private partnership sector. The firm works with a wide variety of investment types, specializing in tax credit, structured debt, and real estate transactions. Twain works closely with financial institutions, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals to structure and manage investments that offer both attractive economic return and social benefits.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for accurate financial reporting for assigned entities, including tax credit special purpose entities. The staff accountant will be responsible for completing monthly general ledger reconciliations, including but not limited to, balance sheet, income and expense accounts, receivable processing and assisting with ad hoc projects as needed. This full-time position is located in St. Louis, Missouri and requires little or no travel.
- Prepare and/or review general ledger entries to record business transactions that comply with accounting standards using Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and research discrepancies
- Review and reconcile bank accounts
- Accounts receivable processing including monitoring collection of various service fees
- Assist with the annual financial audit and related requests
- Assist with preparation of various management reports and ad hoc reports
- Maintain strong internal controls
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or other relevant degree program
- Minimum of 1-year experience in accounting preferred
- Accounting and general ledger maintenance
- Excellent mathematical skills and highly analytic in problem solving
- Proficient with accounting software and Microsoft® Office applications
- Expert ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data
- Ability to multi-task and must possess solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to meet deadlines and be driven by a fast-paced environment
- Must have good work ethics, job performance, and attendance
- Must be able to work independently but also in a team environment
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to EmploymentOpportunities@TwainFinancial.com with “Staff Accountant I” in the subject.